Monday, May 18, 2015

Domes, Graduation, and Floaty Pens!

This weekend I got to visit the Corn Palace for my sister-in-law's high school graduation!



They took the onion-shaped domes off of the top and built new ones.

They're not on the palace yet.








I understand why they're replacing the old domes, and I can see what they were going for with the new design, but I don't much care for the new domes.





They're cleaning up the inside, too.








The Corn-cession stand sells bottled water with a Corn Palace label.




My sister-in-law's graduation reception was at the Ramada Mitchell Conference Center. There was a drawing of all the local Mitchell businesses handing in the lobby and right in the middle was the Mighty Palace of Corn!





I also got to stop by the gift shop to buy some presents and a new floaty pen for myself!









If you know of any Corn Palace-related stuff I should know about, please let me know in the comment section below!


No comments:

Post a Comment