Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pics from Christmas Time! Domes! Uniforms! Etc!

I was back in Mitchell over Christmas time. I took some pictures, but never got around to posting them.

Here they are!








I thought it was interesting that the Daily Republic still has the old domes by their name.


My sisters-in-law told me that one of the old domes was still in town. My brother-in-law Ben and I drove around and found it!





Ben took a couple pictures of me with it.




It was even bigger than I thought it'd be!


We went to the Corn Palace and went inside to warm up.







I sat on a tractor.


If you go upstairs inside you can see a bunch of Oscar Howe's original sketches he used to plan many of the Corn Palace murals! It's neat!



A week or two ago I saw on facebook that there are going to be new DWU uniforms for their sports teams.






I took a screen shot of Matt Wilber's post on twitter.

They're going to have an MST3K-style Corn Palace silhouette on them!





Cool beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment